10 Online Marketing Stats You'll Want To Know
- Content marketing will generate $300 billion by 2019.
- Mobile banner ads have a 0.14% click-through-rate (CTR).
- Ad blocking grew by 41% in the past 12 months.
- Data-driven marketing led to revenue increases for 57% of marketers.
- For every 100, 000 followers on Facebook, only 130 people will click on an organic post.
- 67% of B2C companies say email newsletters are effective.
- Marketers who blog are 13x more likely to generate return-on-investment (ROI).
- 56% of marketers claim personalised content drives higher engagement.
- 78% of marketers are satisfied with Facebook ads.
- 74% of readers trust educational content from brands—as long as it doesn’t push a sale.
Energy goes where your attention flows. This Universal concept can be applied to just about anything—but in this day and age, it’s especially important to apply it to online marketing.
As more and more content becomes curated, not created, and time equals dollars, we’re seeing the same information being recycled on the Internet, over and over. For most of us who are online 24/7, either for work or to socialise, it’s becoming apparent that new content, which is both personalised and on some levels, daring, is highly sought-after and almost rare.
Further, with the world’s population approaching 7.5 billion, people are no longer being dealt with on a personal basis, and they notice! This is why marketers who blog are 13 times more likely to generate ROI, and 56% of marketers claim personalised content drives higher engagement.
Despite the connection you have with your customers being digital; it’s important to remember that the digital part of your connection merely acts as a channel for delivery. Don’t let your message get lost in the impersonal fashion it’s delivered. Make it stand out, be memorable and most importantly, original.
Finally, the statistics regarding ads are telling us something… Online ads are a pain! Who would’ve thought? Ad blocking has grown 41% in the past 12 months, and mobile banner ads have a 0.14% CTR. However, that’s not to say all online ads are a pain. It’s no coincidence that 78% of marketers are satisfied with Facebook ads—you can target an audience according to their location, age group and even interests. Utilise data you have about your target audience to create content that appeals to them as a person, and not a number, and watch your popularity and conversions rise.
Source: Contently, 2016